SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST
- Based in Singleton in the Upper Hunter of NSW with potential for flexibility (remote, Sydney or Brisbane office)
- Secure permanent position with flexibility available (3 or 4-day week if suits)
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme commensurate with experience
- Project specific inter-office, site and international travel opportunities exist
- Friendly team environment
What you can do with us:
- Challenge yourself by working on diverse and exciting projects
- Become a respected subject matter expert – influence the strategy of tier one mining houses, renewable energy projects and provide expert advice to leading investment firms
- Develop as a leader through having the autonomy to manage your own projects and engage directly with clients
- Share your expertise within the team and mentor junior professionals
- Work with and be mentored by the best in the industry
Who are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, law, engineering or planning
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in environmental management and/or environmental consulting preferably in the resources and/or renewable energy sector
- An understanding of a broad range of environmental technical areas
- Excellent communication, report writing, and teamwork skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest environmental legislation and industry best practice
- Ability to work autonomously, manage multidisciplinary projects and mentor junior professionals
- Passionate about your work, able to engage with clients, regulators, technical consultants and peers and be a highly motivated individual who is proactive with a “can do” attitude
- Rights to live and work in Australia
Our commitment to you
- A permanent, part-time or fulltime opportunity with James Bailey & Associates Pty Ltd (a subsidiary company of Xenith Holdings – a highly regarded employee-owned consulting firm)
- A market competitive remuneration package, including a performance bonus
- An office-based role preferably in Singleton, although flexible working arrangements can be offered to the right candidate to work remotely or from Xenith’s Sydney or Brisbane office
- The autonomy to steer your career where you want to go, with broad industry exposure provided and the opportunity to expand your knowledge base working alongside the disciplines of Environment, Law, Exploration and Mining, Business Analysis, Civil Engineering and ESG
- Level the playing field and get promoted based on your skills and success
- Grow together with us – own a piece of Xenith and share in our success
About James Bailey & Associates
James Bailey & Associates Pty Ltd (JBA) is an environmental consulting firm servicing mining, renewable energy and related industries with a reputation for high quality work and client service. Our company focuses on attracting and developing high calibre professionals and puts a strong emphasis on maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We are currently working on a number of state significant development applications and providing environmental management support for major resource and renewable energy projects across Australia.
JBA recently merged with Xenith Consulting, which is an employee owned, Australian firm working within the mining, infrastructure, energy and environment markets. Xenith Consulting provides end-to-end technical consulting, ESG and advisory services. Xenith operates globally with active projects for clients in Australia, Africa and Asia with a fulltime professional staff of over 95 mining engineers, environmental scientists, archaeologists, geologists, civil engineers, financial analysts and ESG specialists.
We value diversity and are committed to a supportive and flexible working environment. We promote work life balance and provide flexible hours along with outstanding long-term career development opportunities through hands-on mentoring, training and the variety of work we do.
We are renowned for fostering greatness where individuals are valued as people, not just for high standards of technical excellence in their work tasks.
If you wish to work for a highly regarded company with the highest achievers in our field of expertise and can picture yourself contributing to a strong, specialised team, then this is a truly outstanding career opportunity.
Please forward your CV highlighting your relevant experience to:
Applications close Friday, 29 September 2023